The Teacher Dashboard provides ready access to everything a teacher will need to access TEAMS for the 2016 – 2017 school year.
- At the top of the page on the left is a drop-down year selector. This enables teachers to review prior year’s data. The default setting is for the current school session.
- The “Additional Features Coming Soon” will feature a communications window for keeping track of messages to and from the observers that are conducting the observation process.
- On the right side of the page is the Observations and Artifacts pane. This functional grid provides access to all of the observations that have been conducted and artifacts that have been uploaded.
- Type provides an icon to indicate whether the item is an Observation or a file, such as a Word document, PDF, Image, Video, etc. For files, clicking the icon will download the file. For Observations, clicking the icon will print the observation if it is Completed.
- Type Description provides information about the Observation or the Description entered for a particular Artifact.
- The Edit icon allows teachers to access the observation to review and or enter their Reflection.
- Date is the date that the Observation was conducted or the date that the Artifact was uploaded.
- Standard indicates the associated standard for an Artifact.
- Posted By indicates who conducted the Observation or uploaded the ArtifactBelow the Observations and Artifacts pane is the Upload Artifact pane where files can be selected and uploaded to the system. Select an associated standard and enter a description, then click Upload to add an Artifact. Artifacts can be deleted by the individual that uploaded them.
Access Classroom Observations
Classroom Observations that are submitted to the teacher for reflection, or completed, will be displayed in the Teacher Dashboard as shown below. Teachers can click on the icon in the first column to open the Classroom Observation.
The status of the classroom observation is shown in parenthesis in the "Type Description" column. If the observation is in the status Submitted to Teacher, then the teacher can click on the observation type icon to enter their reflection. If the observation is in the status Completed, then the teacher can click on the observation type icon to view the observation.
Submit Teacher Reflection
Aside from uploading Artifacts, teachers must provide their Reflections and responses to the observations conducted. To do so, find the appropriate Classroom Observation in the Observations and Artifacts pane of the Dashboard (shown in Figure 3) and click the Edit icon to open the screen below.
- Review the information entered by the principal, scrolling to the bottom.
- At the bottom is the Teacher Reflection section. Click the Edit icon to the right, above the text box to begin entering free form text.
- Select as many checkboxes as applies to your response to the principal.
- When complete, click the Submit to Observer button to notify the principal that you have completed your reflection.
- Click the Print button to print the Observation
Access Final Evaluations
Final Evaluations that are submitted to the teacher for reflection, or completed, will be displayed in the Teacher Dashboard as shown below. Teachers can click on the icon in the first column to open the final evaluation.
The status of the final evaluation is shown in the "Type Description" column. If the final evaluation is in the status Submitted to Teacher, then the teacher can click on the type icon to enter their reflection. If the final evaluation is in the status Completed, then the teacher can click on the type icon to view the final evaluation.
Submit Final Evaluation Electronic Signature
Teachers must submit an electronic signature on the Final Evaluation form. To do so, please follow the steps below.
- Log onto TEAMS and use the Teacher Dashboard to locate the Final Evaluation form in the Observations and Artifacts pane of the Dashboard (shown in Figure 5) and click the edit icon to open the Final Evaluation.
- Scroll down the form to view all of the principal's input. Scroll down to the 'Signatures' section and click on the checkbox labeled "Teacher", shown in Figure 6.
- Click the 'Submit to Principal' button to submit the electronic signature to the principal.
- A confirmation message will appear as shown in Figure 7.
- Click 'Sign' to confirm, and then click 'Submit to Principal' (at the bottom of the form) to submit the Final Evaluation to the principal.