The SLO must pass validation rules before it can be submitted successfully. When the teacher clicks on Submit, the following items will be validated by the system and the teacher will see a pop up error message with details on the deficiency.
The SLO cannot be submitted unless the rules below are met:
- All question/answer fields must be filled in
- SLO Scope: The fields within the SLO Scope section, located at the bottom of the SLO, must fulfill the following rules:
- A type must be selected, for example: Average of, Median of, or Percent of.
- A student scope must be defined using the "Select a Scope…" drop list.
- A metric and a test must be selected.
- If the selected metric is Other, then the teacher must enter a description in the text box that displays after they select Other in the 'Select Metric' field.
- Depending on the SLO type, the scope will show fields such as "will improve by [x]" or "will [improve] from [x] to [y]". The field values x or y must be filled in, and they must fall within the acceptable score ranges based on the metric or test selected.
If the teacher's SLO does not meet these requirements but still click the Submit button, then a message will appear to let them know what the deficiency is (example shown in Figure 20).